Nut Free Protein Balls
Protein balls are a fantastic addition to your child's lunch box. However most of us have children in nut-free schools so it can make it hard to find nutritious recipes for morning tea that have protein for long-lasting energy.
Write a review
- 1 ½ cup raw organic oats
- ½ cup organic desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 7 medjool dates (de-pipped)
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1 Tbs protein powder – Eg mesquite or pea protein powder (optional)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 Tbs coconut oil extra if required
- Process oats and chia seeds to a flour and transfer into a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients to the blender and process until smooth. Pour into the mixing bowl and stir to combine, adding more coconut oil if needed. Roll into balls and set in the fridge. Enjoy!
- Food Hack: Instead of rolling balls – line a baking tray and press the mixture into the tray. Sprinkle with coconut, refrigerate to set and slice into square to serve
Premah Switch http://premahswitch.com.au/